Glen comes to Bethlehem College and Seminary following 30 years of ministry in the United States Military. Beginning as a Batallion Chaplain with the 82nd Airborne Division, Bloomstrom ended his career in the military as the Command Chaplain of the Joint Special Operations Command at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. He brings extensive discipleship and counseling experience to BCS, returning to Bethlehem Baptist Church 30 years after serving as BBC’s associate pastor. He and his wife, Ruth, have a daughter and son-in-law.
- B.A., MDiv, Bethel College/Seminary
- M.S., Kansas State University
- M.A., United States Army War College; Certificate, Georgetown University
- “Warrior, prophet, priest: the strategic value of chaplains to the war effort and community,” Infantry 95, no. 4 (2006): 18-22.
- “Human Spirituality, Resilience, and the Role of Military Chaplains,” in T.M. Britt, A.B. Adler, C.A. Castro, (Eds.), Military Life: The Psychology of Serving in Peace and Combat, vol. 2.